Click here to see what our whole foods chefs are cooking up this week! See if you're eligible for free delivery.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Care for the Caring


I had the absolute pleasure of listening to Dr. Michelle Robin ofYour Wellness Connection speak last week at the eWomen Network Wellness workshop.  As a local business owner in the health industry, I'm always looking for ways to improve my business.  Eager to attend and find some ways to help our customers, I came away with the single best tip to help elevate my business, contribute more to my family, and positively impact this great community.  To paraphrase, 'The more well I get, the more well my family gets...the more well my business gets, the more well my community gets...the more well the world gets.  Therefore, not taking care of myself is selfish.' 

 

  
Speaking for myself and the parents I know, we often put ourselves last in attempt to give and be more for our children, spouse, boss, church, friends, neighbors...But what if what she said were true?  If being the best spouse, parent, community member, citizen, and human being meant fulfilling your own   unique needs, desires, and purpose in life, are you doing everything you can to take impeccable care of yourself?  Can you change the world by doing one thing today for yourself?  The answer:  of course.  What is your next action?  

No comments:

Post a Comment