Click here to see what our whole foods chefs are cooking up this week! See if you're eligible for free delivery.

Friday, July 6, 2012

All Cookies Are Not Created Equal


We're so proud to be partnering this week with local vegan baker and rockstar mom-preneur, Jennifer Ward of Be Free Bakers, for our optional dessert offering.  Her products boast whole grain, gluten-free, nut-free, dairy free, corn-free, vegan, and truly natural.  In short, they are the kind of magic that only comes from Tinkerbell's wand of pixie dust and leprechauns sliding down rainbows into that big pot of chocolate, I mean, gold.

All cookies are NOT created equal.  

Unconstitutional - yes.  There are cookies...and then there are COOKIES.  We're not sure if it's that beautifulAskinosie Chocolate or the pureness of these God-given ingredients or just the love mixed into each batch of cookies.  I cannot put my finger on it, but when I take a bite of these delicious desserts, I feel the same way I felt on my first roadtrip in my Honda Odessey - WOW, they thought of everything!  Someone really loves me.  From the extra storage and blind spot information system to the decadent blend of chocolate to cookie ratio and 'ingredients-I-can-pronounce' label, I fell in love.

Outsourcing, or local-sourcing, any of our dishes is a Conveniently Natural first.  We just couldn't hoard these all to ourselves and wanted to give you the opportunity to fall in love with a Springfield, MO lawyer-turned-chocolatier (Askinosie chocolate) and a Lees Summit gluten-free mom turned entrepreneur (Be Free Bakers) who understands that allergen-free foods don't have to taste like cardboard and drop like hockey pucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment