Click here to see what our whole foods chefs are cooking up this week! See if you're eligible for free delivery.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

What You Really Need to Detox


Detox [v.  dee - toks]  - to undergo treatment to rid the body of poisonous substances, remove excess junk and clutter, to de-crapify 
I HATE surprises.  One of Brian's favorite ways to irritate me is to tell me he has a surprise which cannot be known until some future time.  And (to NO surprise), this conversation always ends with him telling me at least partial details of the surprise because I aggressively nag it out of him.  So for those of you undergoing the Gluten Challenge, I wanted to let you in on one little secret.
When you remove the @#$#%^* from your diet, you may remove (or increase your awareness of) the @#$#%^* in your life.

Brian and I will be undergoing a 21 day cleanse starting tomorrow.  I'd by lying if I said I wasn't anxious about giving up my Pinot Noir.  Specifically, what will Brian and I drink after we collapse in our chairs from getting both girls tucked in bed...or when our rental home kitchen ceiling starts dripping (read: raining) for 45 minutes.  And then, there's the (insert crunchy salty snack here).  When stress gets high and life gets fast, some people do yoga or meditate, I crunch.  The benefits of detoxing are far-reaching and we're just proposing baby steps.
We are committed to 21 days of self-care, decluttering, and removal of all the junk.  We're opening that closet door, you know, the one with stuff piled high to the ceiling just so the door could be shut.  Stay tuned for the detox journey.  Let us know what junk comes up in yours.  At the end of the month, let's have a big yard sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment